Sep 4, 2008

hawaii.

we just got back from the airport and lemme tell you it wasnt exactly a "relaxing" get-away. it was more like some good excercise and a very eye opening experience. we hiked 12 miles through the jungles and coast of kauai to meet with nick and shannon at kalalau state park. something about carrying all you need to survive on your back makes you feel very liberated. we camped for 5 days then hiked out and went to the marriott for our last 2 days on the island. heres the photo journey. enjoy.

kauai.
the beggining.

kauai.
one of the many campsites. (hanakapiai beach)

kauai.
the scariest part of the trip, that tiny line is the trail! one slip up and i would have met my fate.

kauai.
12 miles later and this is where we ended up. kalalau state beach

kauai.
nick's aha he caught.

kauai.
rob and i in a sea cave at kalalau.

kauai.
whippin a little.

kauai.
rainbowwww =)

kauai.
i kinda got used to fish guts.

kauai.
finally the marriott! hot showers seem to be so much more meaningful now. hahaha =)

if you wanna see the rest you can go to my flickr and view them all...

1 comment:

Coli-cole said...

I happened on your blog, and I love your posts! Your trip looks amazing! I hope it's okay if I put you on my watch list, your posts are great :)